- #: 131371
- Price: $1.99 In Apple Store
- Category: Finance
- Updated: 2010-12-15
- Current Version: 1.3.0
- 1.3.0 (iOS 4.0 Tested)
- Size: 1.30 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Anishu, Inc.
- Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 3.0 or later
- © 2009 Anishu, Inc.
Add to Favorite apps
A lite version of BizExpense is available under the free applications category. Give it a try today!***BizExpense is designed to help you track and report your business expenses.BizExpense is right for you if:- you travel on business and get…..
What's New in Version 1.3.0
- Icon update for retina display
- Support for backgrounding
- Delayed password check (configurable)
- More reliable receipt capture
- Single tap to see a large receipt image
- New amount calculator for entering amounts/currencies
- Email based backup/restore
Rated 2/5 based on 2 customer reviews.
Exactly what it says it is, does it pretty well...
This app is just about perfect for tracking expenses while traveling on business. I suspect the users who gave this a 1-star rating expected it to be more like a budgeting app, which is most definitely not. And that's why I like it; it does what it does, and for the most part it does it pretty well. I paid $4.99 for another so-called travel expense app, and that one was simply a re-wrapped budgeting app that didn't even let me change the dates on entered expenses, so if you entered an expense the day after it was incurred the date was wrong...
* you can take the free version for a test drive; it's limited to 5 entries, but it's a 1-step process to export those 5 entries to the paid version if you decide you want to buy it. IMHO, this is a perfect example of what should differentiate a free vs. a paid app.
* you can easily take a picture of a receipt and associate it with an expense; the person I submit to accepts these, so I don't have to submit the actual paper receipt. I enter the receipt as I collect it, and the only reason I keep the receipt is in case I lose my phone before I get a chance to submit the report. Once I submit and it's accepted, I toss the bundle of unsorted receipts away. No more sorting receipts!
* when I contacted support on a couple of issues that turned into feature requests, I got mail back within an hour. Nice touch.
* expense entry widget is also a currency conversion calculator. I checked the supplied exchanges rates against xe.com, and they're pretty close, and you can enter your own exchange rate if you feel it's out by too much.
* you can customize the currency list to only include relevant currencies.
Cons (nothing that's a show-stopper here, just the difference between a 4-star and 5-star rating):
* some of the UI elements are difficult to select; I'm guessing the target area on the display is quite small. An example if when you are viewing the expenses grouped by category or date for a trip. The red triangle icons on the left of the interface to roll-up or expand the group are difficult to hit, and I continually hit the "back" button instead of the upper-most triangle icon. You should be able to roll-up the group by tapping anywhere on the group bar
* you can set a default currency for the app, and you can override the default currency for a trip, but you can't submit a report in a currency that's different from the trip's currency. So if I need to submit in USD but travel to the UK, I have to choose whether to convert to $US when I enter, or submit in GBP and ask the accountant to perform the conversion against the whole report.
Buggy and crashes. Waste of time and money. Disgraceful.
I tried out the limited trial and ignored the reviews to upgrade to the paid version. Big mistake. This app crashes each time I make a new receipt entry on iPhone 4 running iOS 4.2.1. Whenever you make a new entry, all the info from the last entry is still copied over, which makes no sense. If you then proceed it crashes. So you have to cancel the new entry and try again. The next time the new entry is correctly blank.
If you take a picture of the receipt before you enter the info, you guessed it: crash. All expense categories need sub categories. Why?
This app had potential. But this buggy performance should never have passed Apple's approval. BTW I am a business user with over 100 apps. This is one of the worst I have ever used due to stability and senseless design.
I think the developer might be writing their own reviews. Because there is no way anyone could give this a positive review when you can barely input a new entry. It's functionally unusable. I hope they fix it.
Write a Review
The information may be outdated. For actual information go to iTunes